Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surgery...Round 2

I apologize in advance for any misspelled words or grammar mistake.  I'm a little loopy from my pain medication.  Today I had my second laparoscopy.  In one of my earlier posts, I detailed my first surgery, which was last January.  I thought I would be slightly calmer since this was my second surgery, but no, I was a bundle of nerves.  I don't think I slept a wink last night.  Once I got to the hospital, I did calm down eventually.  Ricky, on the other hand, I thought we were going to have to find a bed for him! As they were drawing a sample of blood before my surgery, I look over and his eyes are closed and he's all quiet.  He survived once the needle was out of my arm.  


The surgery was quick for me, one moment I'm awake, the next thing I remember is the nurse waking me up and asking me how I feel!  My doctor reported to Ricky that I had Endometriosis again, but not as bad as the last time.  Also, my uterus was stuck to one of my fallopian tubes.  My doctor is hopeful that I will be able to get pregnant again soon!  


Just as a side note...Ricky and I still plan to adopt even if we get pregnant.  That is a question we get asked often.  The desire to adopt is separate from the desire to get pregnant.  We feel strongly that God called us to adopt and plan to pursue the adoption no matter what happens.  


Thank you for your prayers and support.  

No comments:

Post a Comment