Sunday, March 23, 2014

I've got that JOY, JOY, JOY, down in my heart!

Exodus 14:14 tells us that The Lord will fight for us, we need only be still.  



What a comfort knowing that God is in my corner, fighting on my behalf. My responsibility: BE STILL!

God has been telling me to be still since our last miscarriage. On several occasions since then, I have heard it during my prayers. "Be still, Bethie, my sweet lamb, be still."

Over the last two weeks, God has given me a new word: JOY. He's given me a desire to have a blooming joy, a desire to choose joy.

For far too long, I have not had true joy. My joy has been tied to my circumstances. My joy has been tethered to things that can be broken, things that can be lost, things that can be taken. TODAY, I desire to have an abounding joy. TODAY, I choose to have a blooming joy. My joy comes from my Heavenly Father. My joy comes from advancing the kingdom of god. My joy should be tethered to Him. TODAY, I choose JOY.


A few weeks ago, I heard a pastor pray this prayer over his congregation.  He asked the church to listen to the prayer as if it was Jesus speaking over them.  This was his prayer:

"You are weary, but I want you strong.  You are encumbered, but I want you free.  You are hindered by many undue concerns when I want you abounding in my joy.  Come close to me.  Come away my beloved and I will minister to you and revive your spirit even though the climb be more steep than ever before."  

I have spent too much of my time being worried about the timeline for getting pregnant and adopting Avery.  I've lost my joy along the way.  I've learned (I'm still learning) that no matter what happens along this journey, I can still choose to have JOY.  




1 comment:

  1. Such a good post as it brought back memories of my own lesson about "enjoying the journey". We always want to rush through the journey and have that end result but it's during the journey that God does His greatest work in us.
    As you know first hand how long our journey was to Emma, you also know that God's timing was absolutely perfect.
    I'm so excited to see the journey to Avery unfold and see the mighty hand of God at work once again. Such a sacred journey!

    ReplyDelete