Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Ricky and I spent our Valentines weekend making over 300 cake pops!  300!  My living room floor is covered with sprinkles, ribbon, and shredded paper from assembling 29 Valentine Gift Sets.  It's such a blessing when people call to order cake pops from me.  Being busy with cake pops helps me feel God's confirmation that we were called to adopt.  After today, we have raised $3,000!  My goal in September was to raise $3,000 by June in order to pay the application fee and the home study fee.  Ephesians 3:20-21 says, "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond what we could ask or imagine according to His Power that is in us."  God has surpassed my greatest expectation.  


Ricky and my sister Martha

Sunday I was feeling stressed about finishing up all the Valentine's Day orders.  My family and friends were so kind to lend me their Sunday afternoon and evening to help tie ribbon, curl ribbon, and stuff the baskets with cake pops.  






Gifts sets ready for delivery

I want to share a verse that God brought to my attention a few weeks ago.  I was sitting at my desk as school eating my lunch, and felt God calling me to open my devotional that sits on my desk.  The verse for the day was Isaiah 43:18-19, "The Lord says, "Forget what happened before, and do not think about the past.  Look at the new thing I am going to do.  It is already happening. Don't you see it?"  I so desperately needed that verse.  I very easily become discouraged and disheartened about getting pregnant and the adoption.  I have to remind myself daily that God IS doing a new thing in my life.  He is for me.  He has given me a desire to be a mother.  I know He will give me children.  He is with me.  He will not leave me until He has done all that He has promised to do.    

Celebrating Valentine's Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment