Sunday, April 13, 2014

Choosing JOY everyday

Today is the due date for the baby we lost in September.  I've had a lot of anxiety about today.  This morning when I woke up, I had a choice to make.  I could choose to camp out on disappointment, or I could choose to have abundant JOY. 




I choose to be confident that I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living (Psalm 27:13).  I choose to be grateful for all the blessings God has given me.  I choose to not focus on what I don't have, but to focus on everything I have.  I choose to look past the disappointments, and to capture the sweet moments.  I choose to be thankful for the journey God has put me on.  Philippians 1:6 says, "being confident of this, that He that began a good work in you, will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ."  He's not finished with me yet!  He is faithful.  He will complete the work that He has started in me.  We get so worked up in the present day.  In Philippians, Paul is writing to the church from a prison cell.  He is awaiting his execution.  He doesn't say, "I hope this turns out..."  No, he says with confidence, that God has started a work in us and He will carry us through that work until the day we see Christ face to face!  There will be no worry on that day!    There will be no fear on that day!  I have never been a very confident person.  It fills be with great joy, knowing that I can be confident.  I can trust that He is with me.  I can trust that He will fulfill His promise to me.  I heard on a podcast recently, that God is not like men.  Men conduct experiments, but God carries out a plan.  There is no guess work.  God has numbered each and every one of my steps.  So...I can choose JOY, even on a day like this.  



1 comment:

  1. Beth! Love everything about this post! I'm right there with you! Choose joy in ALL things! Love you and praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete