Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A birthday prayer

Today is my birthday!  I am 32 years old.  According to my students at school, I am "so old."  I'm not quite sure when it happened...but it did.  






God has been so faithful to us over the last few months.  He continually blesses us with reminders that He has promised us a daughter named Avery Joy.  We had our last home study in August.  We have a few more documents to turn in to complete the home study process.  The next step is the dossier.  The Road Map below may give you an idea of where we are in the process.  


Please continue to pray for us.  Pray for us to have wisdom and patience as we move forward.  Also, pray for Avery.  Pray for her protection.  Pray for her to be held everyday.  Everyday I pray for Avery to feel love from her caregivers.  Also, pray for Avery's mother.  Pray for her to be surrounded by people that love her and show her God's love.  

Most mornings, I get up at 5 to run in the treadmill.  I don't like getting up early, however, I love that the house is quiet.  Ricky and Aubrey are still sleeping.  It's peaceful.  Just me.  I enjoy my time on the treadmill because it gives me time to think and pray.  I have spent a lot of time praying for Avery.  
This morning as I was thinking about my birthday, I prayed that by next year, I will have Aubrey and Avery in my lap to blow out my candles!  It gives me chills to think about.    

I love you Avery.  You are in my heart everyday.  I don't know if you are near, or faraway, but I am thinking of you today.







No comments:

Post a Comment